Mindjet (established in 1994) currently supply four forms of mind mapping software for sale, subscription or free use to run on Windows, Mac, Browser and Mobile.
MindManager for Windows
The original application with a wide range of features for the Desktop, Notebook and Tablet PC user. You can go from:
- Brainstorming about, to managing a project.
- Researching a book or report, to publishing it.
- Collating information and turning it into a presentation.
MindManager integrates with Microsoft Office allowing import, export and synchronisation with Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project. Your maps can be published as PDF, flash or web pages. It can be integrated with SharePoint. Third parties provide a wide range addons. Version 2017 was released in October 2016 replacing MindManager 2016.
Some of Mindjet MindManager’s for Windows features are:
- Integration with Microsoft Office
- Calculations based on values in topics
- Social Task Management
- Guided Brainstorming
- Marker Index
- Dynamic Integration with SharePoint
- Task Filter Feature
- Integration with Zapier
- HTML5 web export
- Analysis View – ala Boston Consulting Group Matrix
- Multiple hyperlinks per topic
- Embedded Browser tools for adding images, selected text or entire page to a topic
- Gantt chart view
- New templates and images
- Critical path highlighting
Mindjet MindManager for Mac
The version provides all the basic functionality of the Windows version plus integrating with Mac’s standard set of applications. Version 10 was released in September 2012. A service pack released in October 2016 includes the HTML5 web export.
Mindjet MindManager Upgrade Protection Plan
This is an annual subscription which gives MindManager users free version updates and office hours support from Mindjet.