This software gets you as close to Tony Buzan’s mind mapping principles as you can get. You are encouraged to minimise the number of words per branch, to use colour and to create an organic mind map. These are great for creativity plus memorising content and relationships. The software runs on almost any platform and is available for iPad and the Cloud.
The other differentiating features of iMindMap are:
- Built in sketching tool. Great for those with Tablet PCs or graphics tablets.
- Multiple maps on the same canvas. Good for showing relationships between clusters of information.
- An engaging presentation mode. Some say it was designed by the BBC weather presenters.
- The 3D view. More of a change of perspective.
- Built in flow charting and spreadsheet tools. Saves opening your office app.