Ivan Misner Founder of BNI Truth or Delusion? Ecademy - 25 April 2007
Presentation map inked at the event by Andrew
Wilcox of Cabre in MindManager 6 Pro on a Tablet PC (HP TC4400).
Then converted to text, linked, styled, annotated and published to
the web with MindManager.
Please download this PDF (312kb)
Truth or Delusion for printing the map
to A4 without the background.
If you would like information about getting
coverage and publication of your event,
The text below is for the search engines to
1.2 Networking Guru
1.3 "Father of Modem Networking"
1.4 Ecademy Profile
2. Truth or Delusion
2.1 New book by Ivan Meisner, Mike Macedonio and Mike Garrison
2.2 Video Interview on KTLA Morning Show
3. Excellent Service = Referrals
3.2 Customers have no obligation to
4. Good Networkers are People People
4.2.1 Could be better
4.2.3 Relationship Builders
4.3.1 Can self-eliminate
4.3.2 Talk too much
5. You don't know, who they know?
5.2.1 Professional Exclusivity
5.2.2 A Mary Kay Rep knew
A great graphics designer
5.3 Surround yourself with diverse people
5.4 Always ask about who you want to know
6. You can't predict referrals
6.2 Results relate strongly to these measurable activities
6.2.1 One to Ones
6.2.2 Being there
6.2.3 Giving referrals
6.2.4 Asking for referrals
6.2.5 Follow Up
6.3 and find out what works for you!
7. Practice makes Perfect
7.2 Perfect Practice makes Perfect
7.3 Perfecting Practice is what matters
7.4 Raise your own bar
8. Majority of professionals are not seasoned mature business professionals
8.2 It's not new businesses
8.3 It's established business
8.4 Average age of Ecademy is 45
9. Referral success results from treating the referrer the way you want to be treated.
9.2 Do not give people gifts you want
9.3 Found out what they want
10. You can network anywhere, anytime even at a funeral!
10.2 You can help anyone at anytime
10.3 Who, What, Where, When, Why - How you can help
10.4 eg. Sub Foundation story
10.5 Find a why to help
11. Advantage of referral marketing is you have people to blame if it fails.
11.2 It's your fault
11.3 Networking is to teach others what you do
12. The more networking meetings the better
12.2 VCP Process
12.3 Think carefully about which ones you go to.
12.4 and what you are going to do when you get there
13. Networking is uniquely American
13.2 Least American (Business) Thing
13.3 Normally highly competitive
14. Join at least one network group that is not exclusively focused on your market, profession, skills and hobbies
14.2 Potential Radio Interviewer
14.2.1 Needs a lead into radio industry
14.2.2 Calls baseball park owner friend
14.2.3 Retired very well respected interviewer manages the owners box!
15. Networking is just a fad?
15.2 BNI Growth
16.1 BNI Referral value = GDP of Lichtenstein
16.2 International Networking Week
16.2.1 1st week of February
16.3 BNI arrived in UK 1997
17. The most important thing is
17.1 Passion about
17.1.3 Perfecting Practice
18. How do you combine Martial Arts and Networking
18.1 Hidden Elements
18.2 Knowing what you don't know
18.3 Single move breakdown
18.4 Do you understand every element of the move?
18.5 They all have purpose
18.5.1 Push and Pull
18.6 Have you learnt them all?
19. Why exclusivity in Chapters?
19.1 Is BNI's choice
19.2 But not the only one
19.3 It's one of seven types of social network
20. How do you balance Networking and Family?
20.1 Entrepreneur = No Balance
20.2 But you can Create Harmony
20.3 When with your Family keep them in Focus
20.4 Be where you are
20.5 Ivan does not work weekends except when travelling
21. How does a young business get credibility?
21.3 Give and seek help
21.5 Don't wait, have other business getters
22. If l am in an unpopular profession, what should I do?
22.1 Just wait your time. Some professions take longer than others.
23. The workplace is changing, what stage are we at?
23.1 People working at home - PC enabled
23.2 at the bottom of the curve
24. Why are there not more Collaborative Virtual Businesses?
24.1 Not enough proximity effect
24.2 Maybe Skype etc. will change this but there nothing like an office or a factory
25. How long to become a profitable business personally?
25.1 14 years
26. How do you chose what you do?
26.1 l stick to my mission
26.2 Supporting BNI