A presentation at PMI UK Chapter South Event 2014 19th February 2014
Please click the picture to see full size with clickable links.
A good project manager is like an octopus:
- Very attractive
- Able to get out of tight corners
- And has a process for getting to the meat in a shell
A slightly tongue in cheek view.
Managing projects requires you to keep your fingers on all the buttons. But you only have two arms and they don’t stretch far enough. Perhaps an octopus could help you?
- Collect links to important pieces of knowledge
- Brainstorming and organising the tasks required
- Publishing the state of play
- Keep it really, really simple
- Rapidly access the relevant stuff
The octopus is not the project manager but mind mapping software.
Click on the map to get further insights via the links at the end of the tentacles.